This Rustic Breakfast Omelet is one of my and Cody’s favorite go-to breakfasts. Not only is it quick and simple to make but it is also deliciously flavorful and nutritious. When we have this omelet for breakfast it usually sustains us all the way to lunch. Big plus!
What I love about this breakfast is the fact that I can do all the chopping and dicing the night before. That means I get up in the morning, take out a pan, and 6 minutes later I have a super yummy hot breakfast on my plate.
This recipe also satisfies my color cravings pretty well. I think you would agree!
You can never have enough cheese on an omelet. Use own discretion with this step!
It’s a pretty big omelet so Cody and I usually split one. We like serving this omelet with a bit of our homemade salsa on top. Keep an eye out for that recipe. We should be getting that up in the near future!
- 2 • eggs [whisked with the cream]
- 1 tbsp • cream/milk
- 1 tsp • lard
- ¼ • green pepper [diced]
- ¼ cup • sliced mushrooms
- ½ • tomato [diced]
- ¼ • onion [diced]
- ½ clove • garlic [minced]
- to taste • salt/pepper
- ¼ cup • cheese
- Sauté the onions in the lard for a couple of minutes. Add the mushrooms, tomato, onion and garlic. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes. Season it up!
- Spread all the veggies evenly throughout the pan and pour the egg over it. [Be sure to add a bit of salt and pepper to the egg mix]
- Cook covered at medium heat for about 3 minutes. Once the egg is cooked, but still a bit moist- sprinkle the cheese over one half and carefully fold over.
- Slide onto your plate and gobble it up!