I recently saw a video on instagram of someone preparing “gourmet ramen” aka making a fancy lil meal using a very cheap packet of ramen noodles. By the end of the video, I was drooling like crazy. Unfortunately, the instructions were in a different language, so in the end I decided to just do my own thing and hope for the best.
The result was 10/10 and is probably my new favorite quick meal EVER! And I do NOT say that lightly.
A few days later, we tested out my brand spanking new invention on some family members, and whaddaya know – they loved it as well! This new family meal can officially be written in the books!
When it comes to Living Chirpy, we can’t exactly advocate the eating of cheap, unhealthy noodles. And of course, we try to steer clear as far as possible in our daily life as well. So, naturally, we do what everybody does when it comes to healthy-fying noodles. We swapped it for – zoooodles! Now THAT’S how you make a healthy ramen recipe!
Believe it or not, it actually tastes just as delicious with zoodles – in a slightly different way. While no vegetable can truly replace (at least taste-wise), real floury noodles, sometimes the swap is yummy enough to still make it worthwhile. This is one of those times.
So, let’s talk about how to make gourmet ramen zoodles:
A key part of this recipe is to salt your zoodles and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Then, gently squeeze out the bulk of the water without totally destroying the noodles.
- Add the zoodles to caramelized onions.
- Cook everything together with a bit of sweet and sour sauce.
- Stir in a big handful of freshly chopped cilantro.
- Top it with a crispy sunny side up egg.
- Throw a few peanuts on top if you dare, and voila!
- Easy Gourmet Ramen Zoodles ready to be eaten UP!
Pin It! Gourmet Ramen Zoodles!
If you’re interested in more yummy zoodle recipes, check out these awesome meals:
- Authentic Beef Ramen with Zoodles
- Cilantro Pesto Zoodles with Seared Chicken and Tomato
- Easy Chow Mein with Spiralized Zucchini
- Creamy Chicken Zoodles
- Zoodles in Cheesy Tomato Sauce, Kid-Friendly
- Teriyaki Beef Zoodles
Gourmet Ramen Zoodles Recipe: