Chinese take-out is one of those things I crave constantly, but not one of those things I eat constantly. Not that I would mind eating, for example, fried rice with every meal, but you know… gotta consider my *health* and stuff. My best solution for curbing the bad cravings is making them good cravings, or at least better cravings. Our Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice is our attempt at keeping the Chinese cravings under control, and let me tell you, it succeeds. It succeeds BIG time.
Sure cauliflower rice is nothing new and exciting, neither is Cauliflower Fried Rice for that matter. And I’m pretty sure there’s probably a number of Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice out there on the interwebs. What makes ours special though is our homemade white sauce, which is a little bit better for you than the store-bought kind, I’m sure. (I hope, eeek).
It’s another super quick and easy recipe that takes no time and no excuses.
Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice
- 1 small head of cauliflower (grated - approximately 4 cups)
- 2 chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- to taste soy sauce
- In a pan, cook the egg, seasoned with a little bit of soy sauce. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the onion until soft in a little bit of oil. Use a high heat.
- Add the chicken and garlic and sauté until the chicken is almost cooked, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the grated cauliflower, frozen mixed vegetables, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Cook until the cauliflower and vegetables soften, another 5 - 10 minutes.
- At the very end, add the egg back into the skillet and stir until evenly spread.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and serve immediately with homemade white sauce.
Mix: ½ cup • mayonnaise
½ tsp • paprika
¼ tsp • cayenne pepper
½ tsp • garlic powder
1 tsp • tomato paste
1 tsp • honey
1 tsp • melted butter Mix all the ingredients together, and enjoy!
If cauliflower transformations float your boat, check out these recipes:
- Bacon Cauliflower Breakfast Skillet
- Simple Bacon and Pea Cauliflower Soup
- Low-Carb Cauliflower Creamed Spinach
- Easy Cauliflower Paella
- Pepperoni Cauliflower Pizza
Pin It! Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice with Homemade White Sauce