So, with only 4 ingredients, this Cucumber Noodle Salad with BBQ Chicken is one of my favorite recipes yet. It’s one of those make-it-in-minutes meals that just blows you away.
A chicken breast, a cucumber, plain yoghurt and bbq sauce – these are the ingredients chosen to create the perfect quick and easy lunch.
When Cody and I buy condiments, we always spend a long time reading ingredient lists and labels. We always search for the ones that contain only real, whole ingredients. When it came to finding an “all natural” BBQ sauce, we ended up choosing the Annie’s Naturals brand. It had the shortest list of ingredients with mostly whole ingredients.
Cucumber noodles might be my new favorite way to eat vegetables. As mentioned before, we use the Veggetti (more information on our resources page).
Once I finished noodling the cucumber, I seasoned it well with salt and pepper. There is nothing better than cucumber with a bit of salt and pepper, especially when the cucumber is cut into noodles! I seriously could’ve eaten the cucumber noodles alone – it tastes that good! When you throw some thin slices of chicken on top and drizzle it with plain yoghurt, it takes it to the next level.
It’s my new favorite quick lunch, no doubt about it, and it may or may not have started a new obsession. Cucumber noodles for lunch everyday!
Cucumber Noodles Salad with BBQ ChickenPrint Pin Rate
- 1 • large cucumber [spiralized]
- 1 • chicken breast [cut into thin strips]
- 1/4 • bbq sauce
- 1/4 • plain yoghurt
- to taste • salt and pepper
- Season the cucumber noodles well with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix the yoghurt with 1 tablespoon of bbq sauce.
- Toss the chicken strips with the bbq sauce and sear in a hot pan for approximately 6 minutes.
- Divide the cucumber noodles into two plates, top with chicken and drizzle with the yoghurt.
- We garnished it with a few sprinkles of paprika and fresh parsley.
Cucumber Noodle Salad with BBQ Chicken – Pin it!