So, with only 4 ingredients, this Cucumber Noodle Salad with BBQ Chicken is one of my favorite recipes yet. It’s one of those make-it-in-minutes meals that just blows you away.
A chicken breast, a cucumber, plain yoghurt and bbq sauce – these are the ingredients chosen to create the perfect quick and easy lunch.
When Cody and I buy condiments, we always spend a long time reading ingredient lists and labels. We always search for the ones that contain only real, whole ingredients. When it came to finding an “all natural” BBQ sauce, we ended up choosing the Annie’s Naturals brand. It had the shortest list of ingredients with mostly whole ingredients.
Cucumber noodles might be my new favorite way to eat vegetables. As mentioned before, we use the Veggetti (more information on our resources page).
Once I finished noodling the cucumber, I seasoned it well with salt and pepper. There is nothing better than cucumber with a bit of salt and pepper, especially when the cucumber is cut into noodles! I seriously could’ve eaten the cucumber noodles alone – it tastes that good! When you throw some thin slices of chicken on top and drizzle it with plain yoghurt, it takes it to the next level.
It’s my new favorite quick lunch, no doubt about it, and it may or may not have started a new obsession. Cucumber noodles for lunch everyday!
Cucumber Noodles Salad with BBQ Chicken
- 2 cucumber (spiralized into noodles)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1lb chicken breast (500g) (cut into thin strips)
- ½ cup bbq sauce (use a diet compliant version)
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- to taste salt and pepper
- Season the cucumber noodles well with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Toss the chicken strips with the rest of the bbq sauce and sear in a hot pan, in a little of oil, until cooked. Approximately 6-10 minutes.
- Divide the cucumber noodles into four bowls, top with chicken and a dollop of yoghurt.
- (OPTIONAL) Garnish with fresh parsley and a sprinkle of paprika.
Cucumber Noodle Salad with BBQ Chicken – Pin it!