After many hours of planning, designing, cooking, photography and technical stuff. We’ve finally reached a milestone – The First Post! So darn exciting!
I heart chicken. If it were the only meat I’m allowed to eat for the rest of my life – I’d be a happy girl. There’s also nothing better than Delicious Citrus Chicken. And this recipe right here shows exactly what Chirpy is all about. It’s FRESH, it’s SIMPLE and most importantly – oh so SATISFYING!
The colors look are so vibrant you’ll feel like you could eat it raw, but be patient – once it comes out of the oven with the skin all golden and crisp and the onions deliciously flavorful, you’ll be drooling in no time.
This recipe goes absolutely marvelous with our Delightful Cucumber Salad. Or even our to-die for Saucy Sauteéd Green Beans.
Delicious Citrus Chicken – Pin it!
Delicious Citrus ChickenPrint Pin Rate
- 6 • chicken legs/thighs
- 2 • lemons [1/2 sliced 1.5 juiced]
- 1 • lime [1/2 sliced 1/2 juiced]
- 1 • orange [1/2 sliced 1/2 juiced]
- 2 tbsp • lard*
- 1 • onion [sliced]
- 1 tsp • coriander
- 1 tsp • thyme
- [Pre-heat oven at 450F. ]
- Mix the coriander, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper with the lard and use it to completely coat the chicken pieces. Then arrange it on top of the sliced onions in a baking dish.
- Now, squeeze the orange and lime juice over the chicken, as well as half of the lemon juice [the other half will be squeezed over at the end]. Space the sliced fruits evenly around the chicken.
- Slide into the oven for 35-40 minutes. Then squeeze the rest of the lemon juice over the chicken and slip it under the broiler for 5 minutes.
- Spoon some of the deliciously flavorful onions over the chicken when serving. Yummmm.