This is a budget-friendly, one pot Ground Beef and Cabbage recipe! It needs 7 ingredients and 30 minutes to prepare! Gluten-Free. Keto. Low-Carb. Paleo. Whole 30.
If you’ve wondered what meat goes well with cabbage, then know that you can’t go wrong with ground beef. In this simple and ridiculously easy one pot meal, dinner will be on the table in a jiffy.
It’s one of those staple recipes you use for a quick throw-together dinner that you can make on a whim.
It can be served on a bed of rice, with a simple side of green beans, or as it is – almost like a ground beef and cabbage soup or chili. You’ll certainly have leftovers for the next day, or you can freeze it to eat at another time.
Sometimes making something simple is the best way to go and with only 5 ingredients and 3 spices – it’s amazing the flavor you can create!
How To Make This Ground Beef and Cabbage Stew:
- ground beef
- can diced tomatoes
- red chili flakes
- celery seed
- Chop the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the ground beef, spices, salt, pepper and cook until the beef is browned.
- Add the canned tomatoes and cabbage – let it simmer for about 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
What Is The Healthiest Way To Cook Ground Beef?
When cooking ground beef, make sure to skip the seed oils and use a heat-stable cooking fat that won’t go rancid at high temperatures (coconut oil, ghee, tallow, etc.).
Can You Cook Ground Beef and Vegetables Together?
Yes. However, make sure to time the addition of the ingredients properly. Ground beef will cook a lot faster than onions or carrots, for example, so make sure to add the meat only after the vegetables have softened.
Easy Ground Beef and Cabbage Recipe and Nutritional Information/Calories:
One Pot Amish Ground Beef and Cabbage Skillet
- 1 lb ground beef (400g)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- ½ cabbage (about 6 cups)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- ¼ tsp celery seed
- to taste salt and pepper
- Sauté the onion in a little bit of cooking oil until soft and translucent.
- Add the ground beef, spice and season generously with salt and pepper. Be sure to taste test and add more salt if needed.
- Once the ground beef is browned, add the canned tomato and cabbage, stir and let simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
Tips and Tricks:1. Add an extra can of diced tomatoes to make it soupier!
Looking For More Ground Beef Recipes:
- Cheesy Zucchini Bake with Corn and Ground Beef
- Low-Carb Mini Cheese Tacos
- Sloppy Joe Sweet Potato Breakfast
- Individual Cottage Pie with Cauliflower Mash
- Caesar’s Pizza Soup
Did You Make This Ground Beef and Cabbage Recipe?
If you made this recipe for ground beef and cabbage, please leave a comment and a rating. We love hearing your feedback and it helps us improve our recipes!