Quinoa Crusted Chicken Parmesan Salad. Yep. This might just be my new favorite lunch. I know I say that about pretty much every recipe we post, but hear me out on this one: succulent chicken crusted with delicious parmesan quinoa topped with organic marinara and even more parmesan on top. Then that yummy flavor bomb is placed on a bed of crisp lettuce and accompanied by fresh tomato, avocado and little nuggets of black olive.
This salad is perfect for lunch, but it can also easily be transformed into a dinner by putting the chicken on top of zucchini noodles instead of salad. I’m very eager to try it that way as well.
Ever since we decided that we would include quinoa on Living Chirpy, my brain has just been overloaded with ideas on how to use it. It’s such a versatile ingredient and can definitely be enjoyed in moderation. I found this cool article that talks about quinoa in a low-carb diet, and it’s definitely worth the read -> Quinoa In a Low-Carb Diet.
You may think that making quinoa crusted chicken is way too much effort, but it’s really easy and well worth the few extra minutes. The crust adds a whole new dimension to boring ol’ chicken, while still staying healthy.
Cody has been hard at work designing our tiny house (with lots of input from me) and we can’t wait to finally put the plan into motion. We’ve been trying hard to work on being more smart with how we live and have just come back from donating a bunch of stuff and clothes. It’s all in the name of preparing for tiny living. We even got rid of most of our kitchenware to prepare ourselves for doing recipe shoots with less stuff and so far so good. We managed to churn out this awesome recipe just fine! ????
Quinoa Crusted Chicken Parmesan SaladPrint Pin Rate
- 1 • chicken breast [butterflied and halved]
- 1 cup • quinoa
- 1/2 cup • parmesan [shredded] and more for the top
- 2 cups • lettuce
- 1 • tomato [sliced into wedges]
- 1 • avocado [sliced]
- 1/2 cup • cucumber [cubed]
- 1 tsp • dried thyme
- to taste • black olives [finely chopped]
- to taste • organic marinara sauce
- to taste • salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF/200ºC.
- Bring 2 cups of water to the boil, add the quinoa, salt, pepper, and thyme. Turn down the heat and simmer until all the water is soaked up - approximately 10 minutes. Mix in the parmesan and set aside to cool.
- Once the quinoa is cold enough to handle, coat each piece of chicken with it and arrange on top of a prepared baking tray. Slide into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, cover each piece with marinara sauce and more cheese, and slide under the broiler for 2-4 minutes. Remove the chicken and slice into strips.
- Divide the lettuce, tomato, cucumber, avocado and chicken between two plates.
- Finally, sprinkle the finely chopped black olives on top.
Pin It! Quinoa Crusted Chicken Parmesan Salad