Ground Beef Lettuce Wrap with Cilantro
A simple, but delicious recipe for Lettuce Wraps With Spicy Ground Beef. Perfect for a light and healthy lunch. 10 Simple Ingredients. 15 Minutes. Gluten-Free. Paleo. Low-Carb.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
For The Ground Beef:
- 1 lb ground beef (500g)
- 3 tsp chili powder (for non-US: this is a mild mexican “chili” spice blend)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 romaine lettuce head (pick a large one so you’ll have plenty of big leafs to use)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (roughly chopped)
- optional sour cream (we use dollops of about 1-2 tsp per lettuce wrap)
- optional fresh lime wedges a few drops of fresh lime really brings a great pop of flavor to the wraps.
Get a pan piping hot. Then add all the ingredients for the ground beef.
Allow the ground beef to brown nicely. This will take about 10 minutes total.
When you’re ready to serve - display the lettuce, ground beef and all the toppings in the center of the table and allow everyone to build their own wraps.
Meals like these are some of our favorites - it’s very engaging and social when you build the wraps right at the dinner (or lunch) table!
If you live outside the US, don’t confused Chili Powder with spicy dried and ground chili peppers. In the US, Chili Powder is a blend of spices used primarily in Mexican cuisine. Here’s a guide on substitutions.
Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 561mg | Potassium: 498mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1782IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 152mg | Iron: 4mg