Avocado Tuna Melt
A new twist on a cheese melt! Canned tuna stuffed avocado with melted cheese. This Avocado Tuna Melt is a great easy and healthy lunch recipe. 8 Ingredients. 20 Minutes. Gluten-Free. Keto. Low-Carb.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 avocado
- 1 can tuna
- 1/4 cup onion (finely diced)
- 1/4 cup pickles (finely diced)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- to taste salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400ºF/200ºC.
Scoop out some of the avocado to make to hole slightly bigger. Mix the bit of scooped out avocado into the tuna salad.
Mix the tuna, onion, red bell pepper, pickle, cheese, paprika and mayo. Season to your liking with salt and pepper.
Scoop the tuna mixture into the avocado and top with more cheese.
Slide into the oven for approximately 5-10 minutes. Until the cheese is melted.
Tips and Tricks:
1. For a dressing you can mix 1/2 cup mayonaisse, 1/2 cup ketchup and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 368mg | Potassium: 625mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 904IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 125mg | Iron: 1mg