Broccoli Salad With Bacon
A simple recipe for the best Broccoli Salad with Bacon plus a bunch of other delicous fresh ingredients. Only 20 Minutes and 8 Simple Ingredients. Keto. Low-Carb. Gluten-Free.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 cups broccoli florets (cut into small bite-sized florets)
- 6 bacon strips
- 1 green pepper (chopped small, approximately 1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2/3 cup medium cheddar (cut into small cubes)
- 2 cups spring mix lettuce (break bigger leaves into smaller pieces)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp basil pesto (use diet compliant pesto, or make your own)
- to taste salt and pepper
For The Pesto Mayonnaise:
For The Salad:
Bring a pot of well salted water to a rapid boil.
While waiting for the water to boil for you can start by cooking bacon in a pan until crispy. Set aside on a papertowel to cook down.
When the water boils, add the broccoli florets and cook for exactly 5 minutes. When done, use a slotted spoon to remove the broccoli from the water. Set aside to cool.
In the same pot of boiling water, add the frozen peas and boil for approximately 2-3 minutes (check instructions on the package).
Chop the bacon in small pieces and then layer all the ingredients in a large salad bowl.
Drizzle the pesto mayo over the salad. If you’d like - toss everything together before serving.
Tips and Tricks:
1. It’s important to not over-cook the broccoli. They still need to have a slight crunch.
2. You can add a little bit of milk to the pesto mayo if it’s too thick to drizzle.
Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 321mg | Potassium: 269mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1512IU | Vitamin C: 54mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 1mg