Risotto-Style Mushroom Zucchini
Keto Risotto - a delicious zucchini recipe made “risotto”-style. Perfect side dish for any main meal. 9 Fresh Ingredients. 30 Minutes. Gluten-Free. Low-Carb. Keto.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 cups zucchini (quartered lengthwise, deseeded and chopped finely, or grated with a cheese grater)
- 1 brown onion (finely diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups white button mushroom (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or any cooking oil of choice)
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- to taste salt and ground black pepper
Sauté the onion over a medium heat in the oil until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and and cook over a high heat until the mushrooms are done.
Add the white wine and allow it to reduce to at least half.
Add the zucchini bits and a splash of the chicken broth.
Once the broth has reduced to nothing, add a little bit more until the zucchini is cooked to your desired level. You might not use the whole cup of broth.
Once the zucchini is cooked, remove from the heat, and add the cream, butter, and parmesan cheese.
Stir until the cheese is melted.
Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Tips and Tricks:
1. It’s important to cut the seeds from the zucchini as it can sometimes cause a bitter taste.
2. You can add more cheese to your personal taste.
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 417mg | Potassium: 585mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 598IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 1mg