Easy Chopped Mexican Salad
A delicious chopped salad recipe perfect for anything Mexican! Also a great side dish in general. Simple, fresh ingredients, only 15 minutes. Gluten-Free. Healthy.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
For The Salad
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 roma tomatoes
For The Dressing:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lime
- 1 pickled jalapeño (optional, deseeded)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 tsp gound cumin
- to taste salt and black pepper
Shred the romaine lettuce into very fine slivers and cut the avocado, green pepper and red onion into small cubes.
Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and toss until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Tips and Tricks:
1. Omit the beans and corn for a Low-Carb and Keto-approved version. Still delicious and great with healthy Mexican meals.
2. Add a protein (cooked shredded chicken, ground, beef, shrimp, etc) to make it a meal.
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 72mg | Potassium: 557mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1647IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg