Easy Low Carb Keto Meatloaf Stuffed Pepper
This is the best easy recipe for healthy meatloaf stuffed bell peppers. Bacon wrapping optional. 8 Fresh Ingredients. 45 Minutes. Keto. Gluten-Free. Low-Carb.
For the Meatloaf Stuffing
- 1 lb ground beef (500g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion (Finely chopped)
- 2 celery stalks
- ½ cup shredded cheese (We prefer gouda or medium cheddar)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (Can use soy sauce as well)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder (Mexican mild chili powder)
- 2 tsp salt (We use course salt, so use less if you’re using fine table salt)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
For the rest:
- 4 bell peppers (Sliced in half, ribs and seeds removed)
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 cup ketchup
Turn on the oven to 400F/200C
Mix all the ingredients for the meatloaf in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
Wash the bell peppers and then slice them in half. Use a spoon to carefully scrape out the ribs and seeds. Remove the entire stem area of the top half as well.
Spread approximately 1 tbsp of ketchup on the inside of each pepper.
Add 2 strips of bacon to each pepper. (See process shot above)
Divide the meatloaf stuffing evenly between the peppers.
Fold the bacon over top of the ground beef.
Spread approximately 1 tbsp on ketchup over the top of the bacon and ground beef.
Put the peppers into a sheet pan or oven dish and slide into the oven for 45 minutes.
The meatloaf stuffed peppers are done when they reach an internal temperature of 160F/70C.
Tips and Tricks:
1. The bacon strips are completely optional and the recipe works perfectly fine without it - it does add an extra layer of yumminess though.
2. Be sure to use ketchup compliant to your personal diet requirements. For low-carb, keto, paleo and whole 30 approved ketchup - we use our own personal recipe. Find it here.
Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.9g | Protein: 33.3g | Fat: 22.6g | Saturated Fat: 7.9g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 1509mg | Potassium: 585mg | Fiber: 1.5g | Sugar: 3.8g | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 11.9mg