Easy Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
This is a quick, easy and healthy recipe for Philly Cheesesteak Casserole with ground beef. Great make-ahead for dinner or lunch. Only 8 fresh ingredients and 40 Minutes. Low-Carb. Keto. Gluten-Free.
- 500 g ground beef (1lb)
- 2 bell peppers (diced) (we used one yellow and one green)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 250 g white mushrooms (approximately 8oz - sliced)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
Herbs and Spices
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp mexican chili powder
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp salt (add more or less to taste)
Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF
In a pan, sauté the onions, mushrooms and diced green pepper together until the onions are translucent.
Transfer to a casserole dish. (I used a 30cm X 20cm or 8"x6" dish)
In the same pan add the ground beef, garlic, herbs and spices. Brown the ground beef until just barely cooked, and slightly pink.
Transfer to the casserole dish.
Mix everything together well.
In a small bowl, mix the eggs and cream together and pour over the beef and vegetables.
Top with cheese and slide into the oven for about 25 minutes. Until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
Tips and Tricks:
1. We always serve this with a dollop of our yummy Homemade Mayonnaise.
2. We like serving this casserole by offering a variety of toppings with it for everyone to pick and choose according to their own taste. Here’s what we like:
- Shredded Lettuce
- Chopped Tomato
- Sliced Olives
- Banana Peppers
Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 182mg | Sodium: 889mg | Potassium: 499mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 900IU | Vitamin C: 18.3mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 3.3mg