Sugar-Free Vanilla Sponge Cake (with Almond Flour)
Indulge in a guilt-free (keto-friendly) dessert with our Vanilla Sponge Cake! This soft & fluffy snack cake is sweetened with honey and is perfect for those who want to enjoy a delicious treat without the added sugar.
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Cook Time3 minutes mins
Total Time8 minutes mins
- 6 tablespoon almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (melted) (can use melted butter if preferred)
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
Mix until well combined and lump free.
Use a rubber spatula to scrap the mixture into a small microwave safe dish.
Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
Carefully remove the cake (I use a large spatula) and allow to cool for a few minutes on a wire rack.
Tips and Tricks:
- We use a small rectangular baking dish (approximately 8”x5”) and cut it into 6 squares.
- You can divide the recipe in two mugs and cook for about 90 seconds each. This makes two large mug cakes.
- We recommend frosting the cake with our Cream Cheese Frosting.
Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 138mg | Potassium: 30mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 119IU | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1mg