Healthy Chicken Nuggets
A recipe for healthy homemade chicken nuggets. Quick and easy to make. Kid-friendly. 5 Fresh Ingredients (+Spices).
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb ground chicken (can also lightly blend chicken breasts) (500g)
For The Crumb Coating:
- ½ cup breadcrumbs (we use our crumbs made from our homemade sourdough bread)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (this recipe will also work fine using only parmesan cheese, just sub the breadcrumbs for more cheese)
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes (can use ½ teaspoon onion powder)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Preheat the oven to 425F/200C.
Prepare a baking sheet with baking paper.
Mix all the ingredients for the crumb coating in a shallow dish.
Mix the ingredients for the egg wash into a seperate shallow dish.
With the chicken, about 2-3 tablespoon worth at a time, form nugget shapes.
Dip the nugget into the egg wash until coated.
Transfer to the crumb mix and coat evenly.
Arrange on the baking sheet.
Once you’ve finished all the chicken, slide the tray into the preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes, turning once halfway.
Serve while warm!
Tips & Tricks:
1. You can make this recipe gluten-free, but replacing the breadcrumbs with more parmesan cheese.
2. When baking, you need to turn them over after 5-7 minutes, but only turn them over if they’re nicely golden.
3. Chicken nuggets are cooked when they reach an internal temperature of 165F/73C
Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 148mg | Sodium: 969mg | Potassium: 701mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 427IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 205mg | Iron: 2mg