Authentic Beef Ramen with Zoodles
An easy recipe for healthier Beef Ramen Soup recipe, made with an authentic broth and uses zoodles instead of noodles. 11 simple ingredients. 30 minutes total time. Keto. Low-Carb. Paleo. Gluten-Free.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 zucchini (should yield about 6 cups of spiralized zoodles)
- 2 carrots (use a spiralizer or vegetable peeler to make carrot ribbons)
- ¼ cup scallions (chopped)
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 6 eggs (while preparing the rest of the dish - bring a pot of water to boil. add the eggs en cook for 8 minutes exactly. See recipe notes)
- ¾ lb beef (you choice. steak steak with good marbelling is preferred.)
For The Broth:
- 3 cups water (you can also use beef or vegetable stock for more depth of flavor).
- ¼ cup coconut aminos (you can also use soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoon mirrin
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ¼ teaspoon ginger (minced)
- to taste Sriracha
- to taste fresh cilantro (roughly chopped)
Mix all the ingredients for the broth in a pot and bring to a boil.
While waiting for the broth to boil, heat up a stainless steel or cast iron pan. Then cook the beef to medium rare. For a ½” steak, that would be about 4 minutes per side. When done, remove from the pan, cover and set aside.
Now, if the broth is boiling - add the carrot ribbons, bean sprouts and scallions to broth. Let it simmer until the carrots are done to your preference - about 5 minutes.
Finally, add the zucchini noodles and continue to simmer for another 2 minutes.
When you’re ready to serve, slice the beef thinly.
Now, dish up the vegetables and broth. Top with the beef, boiled egg and fresh cilantro. Add a drizzle of Sriracha if you like it!
1. The portion of beef per serving is 3oz/85g. Adjust this if you’d like.
2. If you’re strict Low-Carb or Keto, be sure to check that you use diet-compliant sauces and condiments.
3. Here’s a handy guide for perfect boiled eggs.
4. Also, a handy guide for cooking steak perfectly - find it HEREHERE.
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 204mg | Sodium: 425mg | Potassium: 683mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3937IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 3mg