Low Carb Crab Cakes
A super simple Low-Carb, Keto Crab Cake recipe that a great way to utilize some leftover crab!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Course: Main Course
- 1 lb cooked blue crab meat (we used leftover crab meat from a big shrimp and crab boil)
- 1 egg (large)
- ¼ red bell pepper (finely diced)
- ¼ green pepper (finely diced)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (roughly chopped)
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until it is well combined.
Divide the mixture into four and use your hands to form it into cakes. You can also make 8 smaller ones, it’s your choice.
Let the cakes rest in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
Heat up a pan over a medium heat and then cook the crab cakes for about 4 minutes on each side.
1. If you do not have fresh crab meat, you can also use Lump Crab Meat from the grocery store.
2. If you use jarred, or canned crab meat from the grocery store, just add more seasoning. Mix all the ingredients (except the egg), and give it a taste. Once you’re happy with the flavor/salt-content - then mix in the egg.
3. You do not need to use two different colored bell peppers - we like to do that for looks since we eat a lot of bell peppers and they won’t go to waste. So, just use half of one color if you’d like.
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 1201mg | Potassium: 296mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 663IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg