Keto Chicken Breakfast Bake
A new way to have breakfast for two. Easily adapted for a crowd. Great recipe for leftover chicken. Chicken Breakfast Bake needs just 6 Ingredients and 30 Minutes. Low-Carb. Keto. Gluten-Free.
Servings: 2 servings
- ½ lb chicken breast (250g) (cut into bite-sized chunks)
- ½ red bell pepper (roughly chopped)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2 eggs
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper (seeded and diced)
- ½ cup cheese (shredded)
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil (for cooking)
Preheat the oven 350ºF/180ºC.
Sauté the onion, bell peppers and jalapeño pepper in a little bit of oil for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer to an oven safe dish.
Add the chicken to the dish. (We used leftover chicken. See recipe notes*)
Crack the eggs into the dish and sprinkle the cheese on top.
Slide into the oven for approximately 15-20 minutes.
Tips and Tricks:
1. This recipe is great with leftover chicken, but can also be done with raw chicken. Season the chicken with ½teaspoon of ground coriander, ½ teaspoon of paprika, salt and pepper. Toss it in the pan with the vegetable in the first step and cook for about 10 minutes. Then proceed with the next step.
Calories: 401kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 266mg | Sodium: 373mg | Potassium: 651mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1562IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 247mg | Iron: 2mg