Carrot Mashed Potatoes
A yummy carrot mash recipe that is quick and easy. A hot side dish perfect for cold days. 7 Simple Ingredients. 30 Minutes. Paleo. Whole 30. Gluten-Free
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Course: Side Dish
Cuisine: American, British
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 large potatoes (about 4 cups - peeled and diced)
- 6 medium carrots (about 4 cups - peeled and diced)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives (chopped)
- to taste salt and pepper
Put the potatoes and carrots in a pot cover with cold water. Add about a teaspoon of salt to the water.
Put the pot in the stove and bring to the boil. Cook for approximately 15 - 20 minutes, until the carrots and potatoes are soft.
Drain the water and add the spices, butter and cream. Mash roughly with a fork or potato masher.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve immediately garnished with fresh chopped chives.
Tips and Tricks:
1. Cutting the potatoes into small pieces makes it cook faster, so be sure to cut it into bite-sized pieces.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 757mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 15965IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 4mg