Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken
Simple, but always delicious. A perfect lunch recipe that even the kids will appreciate. Served with an easy “sweet chili sauce” that really sets it apart. 7 Simple Ingredients. 30 Minutes. Low-Carb. Keto. Gluten-Free. Paleo. Whole 30.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 lb chicken breasts (1kg - sliced lengthwize into strips ala chicken tenders)
- ½ lb prosciutto (200g) (Ask butcher to slice it paper thin)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- to taste salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
Season the chicken strips generously with salt and pepper and carefully wrap with prosciutto.
Arrange them on a lined baking sheet, bake for 18-20 minutes and then broil for 1-2 minutes on each side to crisp up the prosciutto.
While the chicken bakes, mix the mayonnaise, paprika, honey, red pepper flakes and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper.
Garnish the chicken with some parsley and serve immediately.
Tips and Tricks:
1. Chicken is cooked when it reaches an internal temperature reaches 160F/70. I always recommend using a meat thermometer (a worthy investment).
2. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, you can cut open on the the pieces in a fatter part and check that it is cooked (no more pink).
Calories: 898kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 56g | Fat: 71g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 206mg | Sodium: 1005mg | Potassium: 1001mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1137IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 2mg