Orange Chicken Salad
A delicious salad recipe with orange notes. Easy and refreshing Orange Chicken Salad is great as a light meal. 9 Ingredients. 25 Minutes. Gluten-Free. Low-Carb. Keto. Paleo. Whole 30.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb chicken breast (500g) (sliced into thin strips)
- 4 cups lettuce (broken or chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 avocado (cut into cubes)
- ½ cup raw pecan nuts (roughly chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 oranges (only the juice)
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon oil (for cooking)
- to taste salt and pepper
Divide the lettuce into plates and add cherry tomatoes and avocado on top. Set aside.
In a sauté pan, over a high heat: Add the chicken strips, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper, and cook until the chicken is seared and cooked through, approximately 5 minutes.
Squeeze the juice of the oranges over the chicken and as soon as it boils vigorously, remove the pan from the heat and stir the cold butter into the sauce. This will thicken it.
Now, add the chicken to the salad and top with the pecan nuts.
Lastly, pour the pan sauce over the salad or keep on the side.
Tips and Tricks:
1. Don’t be scared to be creative and add topping so substitute ingredients to your own taste.
Calories: 592kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 285mg | Potassium: 1259mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1344IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 2mg