Bean Soup Recipe
An easy Bean Soup Recipe, perfect for cold days! 9 Fresh Ingredients.
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cans Fire Roasted Tomatoes (14oz/400ml)
- 1 lb smoked sausage (cut into rounds)
- 4 bacon strips (cut into bits)
- ½ cup pinto beans
- ½ cup red kidney beans
- ½ cup black turtle beans
- ½ cup black eyed peas
- ½ cup split peas
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon dried chili
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- to taste salt and pepper
Toss all the ingredients into a pot and cook for approximately 1 hour or until the beans reach your desired level of tenderness and the soup has thickened.
Add the smoked sausage when the beans are almost cooked.
Remove from heat. Serve and enjoy.
Tips and Tricks:
1. To prepare beans: Add 2 cups of beans to 8 cups of water and bring to the boil. Boil rapidly for 2 minutes and let stand for 1 hour. Or soak overnight.
2. You can also use drained cans
Calories: 348.97kcal | Carbohydrates: 25.86g | Protein: 16.09g | Fat: 19.97g | Saturated Fat: 6.78g | Cholesterol: 47.52mg | Sodium: 716.7mg | Potassium: 456.54mg | Fiber: 7.97g | Sugar: 4.89g | Vitamin A: 807.76IU | Vitamin C: 3.61mg | Calcium: 60.55mg | Iron: 3.03mg