Low-Carb Sweet Potato Breakfast with Poached Egg
A yummy sweet potato breakfast with poached eggs and bacon bits! 4 Simple ingredients and 20 minutes needed. Gluten-Free. Paleo. Whole 30.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 sweet potato (peeled and shredded - should yield about 4 cups)
- 4 eggs
- 8 bacon strips (cooked crispy and roughly chopped)
- to taste salt and pepper
- ½ cup fresh basil (roughl chopped)
- 1 tablespoon oil (own preference)
Cook the sweet potato in the oil over medium-high heat for approximately 10 minutes, until cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
While the sweet potato cooks, bring a shallow sauce pan filled with water to the boil. Once boiling, bring down to a light simmer. Crack the eggs into the simmering water and let cook for 2-3 minutes for a soft egg. Remove with a slotted spoon.
Divide the sweet potato hash into plates, top each with an egg, chopped bacon and fresh basil.
Tips and Tricks:
1. If you’re Whole 30 - be sure to check the labels of the bacon and choose a compliant option.
2. For a more detailed guide on making poached eggs - check out this guide: Perfect Poached Eggs
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 193mg | Sodium: 390mg | Potassium: 376mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 9634IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg