Low-Carb Mini Cheese Tacos
A healthy gluten-free take on tacos. Cheese taco shells with yummy toppings - great for a quick keto lunch. 9 Ingredients. 20 Minutes. Gluten-Free. Keto. Low-Carb.
Servings: 8 tacos
For The Keto Cheese Taco Shells:
For The Toppings:
- 8 oz ground beef (200g)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon mexican chili
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup lettuce (finely shredded)
- 1 roma tomato (diced)
- to taste sour cream
- to taste salt and pepper
Brown the ground beef over a medium high heat.
Once browned, add the spices, salt, pepper and water. Lower the heat and allow everthing to simmer together until the ground beef is at your desired level of sauciness.
While the ground beef simmers, you make the microwave tacos. A ¼ cup of shredded cheese is enough for two tacos. Divide a ¼ cup into two thin rounds and put in the microwave for approximately 45 - 60 seconds (This will vary with different microwaves - see recipe notes).
Once they feel crispy to the touch, carefully lift them from the plate and drape them over the side of a baking tray until cooled.
Once you've made 8 shells, fill with the toppings and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks:
1. We use a regular dinner plate to microwave the cheese. We keep an eye on it and once it just barely starts to brown in the center - we remove it from the microwave. They lift pretty easily from the plate with a spatula, but you can also use parchment paper underneath the cheese to make it easier.
2. We draped the cheese over the side of a casserole dish to cool down and harden.
3. The “toppings” are only suggestions. You can add whatever you like: chicken instead of beef, guacamole, salsa, MORE cheese, etc.
Calories: 117kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 112mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 347IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 1mg