Cheesy Cauliflower Broccoli Tots
Healthy baked tots made with a mix of cauliflower and broccoli. 5 Ingredients. 45 Minutes. Gluten-Free. Keto. Low-Carb
Servings: 28 tots
- 3 cups cauliflower (one small head of cauliflower cut into florets)
- 3 cups broccoli (one small head of broccoli cut into florets)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cheese (shredded - we used cheddar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- to taste ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400ºF/200ºC.
Bring a pot of well salted water to the boil, add the cauliflower and broccoli and cook for 10 minutes - or until tender.
Use a slotted spoon to scoop the florets into a food processor and blitz until fine. You can leave it chunkier if you desire.
Use a clean tea towel or cheese cloth to squeeze the extra moisture from the cauliflower and broccoli.
Transfer the cauliflower and broccoli to a mixing bowl, and add the cheese, salt and pepper. Take a small bite and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
Lastly, stir in the egg and then form into tots.
Place the tots on a prepared baking sheet and slide into the oven for approximately 25 minutes. Until they start to brown.
Tips and Tricks:
1. You can made these tots bigger or smaller to your own liking. We made them almost like “nuggets”, but you can also make them smaller like normal potato tots.
Calories: 25kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 69mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 110IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg