Healthy Apple Crumble
This is a quick and easy recipe for Healthy Apple Crumble. A delicious healthier dessert with an almond crumble. Needs only 6 Ingredients and 30 Minutes. Gluten-Free. Low-Carb. Paleo.
Servings: 4 servings
For the Apples:
- 2 large granny smith Apple (cut into small bite-sized cubes, about 2 cups)
- ½ tablespoon honey (sub honey substitute for Low Carb)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup heavy cream (can sub coconut cream for Paleo)
For the Crumble:
- 100 g raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon melted butter (sub melted coconut oil for dairy free)
- 1 tablespoon honey (sub honey substitute for Low Carb)
Preheat oven 350ºF/180ºC
Peel the apples (if desired) and cut into bite-sized pieces.
Sauté the apples in a skillet until soft. I like to start by adding a half cup of hot water and adding a ¼ cup every time the water runs out, until the apples are soft. I usually need to do this 2-3 times and it takes about 10 minutes.
When the apples are soft, add ½ tablespoon honey, ½ cup cream and cinnamon and mix until combined. Set aside.
Add the almonds, melted butter and honey to a food processor and blitz until fine and combined.
Divide the apples between 4 oven safe ramekins, top with the almond crumble and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until the almond crumble is golden.
Serve immediately with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and fresh strawberries. (Optional)
Tips and Tricks:
1. Technically, the crumb doesn’t need to be baked, so if you’re pressed for time, you can forego that part of the recipe. Baking it does add an extra touch of deliciousness so when you do have the time - bake it!
Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 371mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 140IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 1.8mg