Broccoli Bacon Salad
A delicious recipe for Broccoli Bacon Salad with cheese. Needs 8 simple ingredients and 15 minutes total. Gluten-Free. Low-Carb. Keto. Paleo. Whole 30.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 cups broccoli (cut into small bite-sized florets)
- ½ cup cooked bacon bits (about 6 strips of bacon)
- 1 cup green pepper (chopped small)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup cheddar (cut into small cubes)
- 2 cups lettuce (shredded finely)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup cashew nuts (roasted and salted, chopped finely)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- to taste salt and pepper (taste test!)
Cook the broccoli florets and frozen peas until tender. (3-4 minutes in the microwave, or steamed/boiled for 5 minutes. Shocked in ice cold water and set aside. See step by step instructions in post.)
While the broccoli cooks, chop the green pepper and lettuce. Cut the cheese into cubes.
Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
Stir carefully until everything is evenly combined.
Tips and Tricks:
- It’s important to not over-cook the broccoli. They still need to have a slight crunch.
- Salt is important when bringing out the flavor of the individual ingredients - so taste test and add more salt if needed!
- Leave out the cheese if you are on the Paleo or Whole 30 diet.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 313mg | Potassium: 234mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 510IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg