Smoked Haddock with Creamy Tomato Pepper Sauce
A delicious and healthy smoked haddock recipe. Served with yummy Creamy Tomato Bell Pepper Sauce. 10 Simple Ingredients. Only 15 Minutes Hands-On Time. Gluten-Free. Keto. Low-Carb.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb frozen smoked haddock portions (400g)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup sour cream
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated cheese (we prefer gouda)
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
Add the onion, tomatoes, bell peppers, coriander, thyme, paprika and sauté in the oil, in a large sauté pan for 5-10 minutes. Until the tomato start to soften, and “mash”.
Add the sour cream and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Arrange the haddock pieces in a casserole dish, then pour the sauce over the haddock.
Top with the grated cheese and bake for 1 hour.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Tips and Tricks:
1. Fish is cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 145F/63C.
2. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, you can also LOOK at it. If the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, it’s done!
Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 147mg | Sodium: 1093mg | Potassium: 880mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2409IU | Vitamin C: 73mg | Calcium: 341mg | Iron: 3mg