Here’s the BEST Mexican Salsa recipe. An easy and authentic restaurant-style salsa roja. 7 Ingredients. 10 Minutes. Gluten-Free. Low-Carb. Keto. Paleo. Whole 30.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14oz)
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (loosely packed)
- ½ onion (approximately ½ cup)
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeños (slices)
- ½ teaspoon mexican chili powder (or use our homemade all purpose Mexican Seasoning Blend)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon salt
- to taste ground black pepper
Add about a third of the canned tomatoes, garlic, cilantro, onion, jalapeño, spices, salt and pepper.
Blend until all the ingredients are very finely chopped and combined.
Add the chunks of tomato to the blender and pulse for 2-3 seconds, just to mix.
Tips and Tricks:
- We prefer the salsa slightly chunky, but you can blend it to be a smoother consistency if you like.
- Add more or less pickled jalapeños for your desired spiciness.
Calories: 18kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 813mg | Potassium: 142mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 158IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg