Sauteéd Green Beans
An easy recipe for healthy Sautéed Green Beans (with onions, mushrooms, tomato and garlic). A deliciously saucy side dish. 8 Ingredients. 20 Minutes. Gluten-Free. Low-Carb. Keto. Paleo. Whole 30.
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Cook Time10 minutes mins
Total Time15 minutes mins
Course: Side Dish
- 12 oz fresh green beans (350g) (cut into shorter pieces)
- 8 oz button mushrooms (quartered)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 tomato (cut into small cubes)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup beef broth (this gives a rich flavor, but feel free to use chicken broth if it’s all you have on hand)
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- to taste salt and pepper
In a hot pan, sear the mushrooms in a little bit of oil. (3-5 minutes)
Add the onions and keep sautéing until they start to soften. (2-3 minutes)
Add all the rest of the ingredients, plus the broth.
Bring everything to a boil and then lower the heat slightly. Allow everything to boil together for about 10-15 minutes. (This depends on how tender you would like the green beans to be).
Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks:
- If the pan gets a bit too dry when sautéing the mushrooms and onions, add a little bit more oil.
- You can also use chicken or vegetable broth, but beef broth is definitely preferable because of the rich flavor it gives to the dish.
Calories: 32kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 118mg | Potassium: 259mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 430IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg