Easy Refried Kidney Beans
A simple and easy Homemade Mexican Refried Red Kidney Beans recipe. Made from scratch. Perfect for a Mexican Feast. 7 Simple Ingredients. 10 Minutes. Gluten-Free. Vegan.
- 1 Can Kidney Beans (Don't Drain)
- ¼ Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Clove Garlic (Minced)
- 2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon White Pepper
- to taste Salt
Add the beans (including the liquid) from the can into a medium sauce pan, over a medium heat.
Add all the rest of the ingredients, and cook until heated through.
While it cooks, be sure to smash the beans until they reach your desired consistency.
Tips and Tricks:
- Add vegetable stock if the refried beans get too thick.
- If it’s too saucy, just keep simmering for a few minutes longer.
- If you would like a very smooth final product - use an immersion blender.
- Draining the beans: We always buy canned beans in brine. The ingredients are beans, water and salt. Check the label.
Calories: 8.68kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.73g | Protein: 0.35g | Fat: 0.22g | Saturated Fat: 0.04g | Sodium: 598.61mg | Potassium: 29.54mg | Fiber: 0.53g | Sugar: 0.38g | Vitamin A: 296.5IU | Vitamin C: 0.74mg | Calcium: 3.3mg | Iron: 0.34mg