Easy Homemade Red Pepper Relish
A simple Red Pepper Relish, with a slight sweet tang. 5 Simple Ingredients, 20 Minutes. Gluten-Free. Low-Carb. Keto. Paleo. Whole 30.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium red chili pepper
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon salt (pickling or kosher)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Add all the ingredients to a blender and blitz until very fine.
Pour the contents of the blender into a saucepan and place over a low-medium heat.
Allow the relish to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Tips and Tricks:
1. If you want a spicy relish, keep the seeds in the chili. If you want a milder relish - remove the seeds.
2. To make it a bit sweeter, add honey to taste. (If your diet allows this.)
Calories: 12.78kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.84g | Protein: 0.39g | Fat: 0.21g | Saturated Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 583.36mg | Potassium: 60.4mg | Fiber: 0.48g | Sugar: 1.01g | Vitamin A: 519.29IU | Vitamin C: 27.2mg | Iron: 0.19mg