Instant Pot Chicken Stew [Paleo, Whole 30, Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Keto]
A firm family favorite healthy Instant Pot Chicken Stew recipe (with whole chicken, or chicken pieces). 10 simple ingredients. 30 minutes in the instant pot. Minimal cleanup. Gluten-Free. Paleo. Whole 30. Low-Carb. Keto.
- 2 lb chicken pieces (1kg) (see recipe notes)
- 2 onion (diced)
- 1 can diced tomato
- 2 cups carrots (diced)
- 2 cups zucchini (diced)
- 2 cups button mushrooms (diced)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped, including the leaves)
- 1 cup chicken stock (add an extra cup if you want it soupy)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- to taste black pepper
Add ALL the ingredients into your instant pot.
Seal the lid and set to cook for 45 minutes on HIGH.
Quick release the pressure.
Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks:
1. You can also use a whole chicken, chicken breasts or even rotisserie chicken. (See post for more details).
2. If you choose to use chicken breast, I suggest either cutting them into bite-sized cubes, or letting them cook whole. If you choose to cook them whole, remove and shred the chicken with two forks and add back into the pot.
Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 479mg | Potassium: 400mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3747IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg