Vegetable Lasagne with White Sauce
A simple and easy Vegetable Lasagne, with white sauce and mushrooms. Only 9 Fresh Ingredients and 20 Minutes Hands-On time. Gluten-Free. Low-Carb. Keto.
- 2 zucchini (sliced thinly lengthwise, use a mandolin if you have one)
- 2 onions (diced)
- 2 bell peppers (any color, diced)
- 8 oz button mushrooms (250g ,diced)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups marinara sauce (use homemade, or a compliant brand)
For the cauliflower “white sauce”:
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup butter (melted)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- ¼ cup water [cauliflower cooking liquid] (the water that the cauliflower cooked in)
- to taste salt/pepper
- to taste cheese (shredded, we use about ½ cup)
Preheat oven 350ºF/180C.
Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook the cauliflower for 10 minutes.
While the cauliflower cooks, sauté the onions, mushrooms, peppers and spinach together over a medium heat until cooked. Approximately 10 minutes.
Toss the cauliflower into a food processor and add the melted butter, garlic, cream and water. Blend until smooth.
Layer all the different elements in a 8x8" baking dish in the following order: cauliflower sauce, zucchini slices, marinara sauce, mushroom/pepper/spinach mix. Repeat until you run out of everything.
Top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes and then broil for about 5 minutes. Until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
Tips and Tricks:
1. You can be creative and add or substitute any vegetables for this recipe.
Calories: 215.93kcal | Carbohydrates: 16.79g | Protein: 5.33g | Fat: 15.8g | Saturated Fat: 9.58g | Cholesterol: 47.51mg | Sodium: 528.35mg | Potassium: 862.64mg | Fiber: 4.77g | Sugar: 10.07g | Vitamin A: 2254.16IU | Vitamin C: 95.83mg | Calcium: 61.59mg | Iron: 1.93mg