Creamy Avocado Cucumber Noodles with Smoked Salmon
A simple raw no cook recipe that is perfect for lunch or dinner. It needs only 7 ingredients and 15 minutes to make. Gluten-Free. Paleo. Low-Carb. Keto. Whole 30.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 large cucumbers [spiralized]
- 2 large avocados
- 7oz/200g smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoon lime juice [about ½ a lime]
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- to taste salt and pepper
- ½ onion optional [thinly sliced]
- ½ cup caper berries optional
- 4 tablespoon cream cheese optional
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds optional garnish
Start by using a spiralizer to cut the cucumbers into noodles. Then salt the noodles evenly (use about 1 teaspoon of salt) and set aside.
Now, add the avocado, olive oil, dijon mustard, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper into your food processor and blitz until completely smooth.
Now, once my avocado sauce is finished, I like to take the cucumber noodles and squeeze some of the water out. This is not strictly necessary, but it does help the avocado sauce stick better to the cucumber noodles.
Toss the cucumber noodles in the avocado sauce until all the noodles are evenly coated.
Top the noodles with your choice of topping. In this case - smoked salmon, cream cheese, thinly sliced onion, caper berries and black sesame seeds.
Tips and Tricks:
1. Be creative with different toppings:
- Grilled Chicken, Cherry Tomatoes and Charred Corn.
Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 17.9g | Protein: 13.6g | Fat: 29.5g | Saturated Fat: 7.4g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 1556mg | Potassium: 854mg | Fiber: 8.5g | Sugar: 3.8g | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2mg