This is a ridiculously easy NO COOK recipe that uses only 7 ingredients and takes barely 15 minutes to throw together. You can skip straight to the recipe by clicking the “Jump To Recipe” button above, but be sure to read the post as it contains all the tips and tricks!
Cucumber noodles tossed in a delicious avocado sauce, topped with smoked salmon ribbons and a variety of toppings of your own choosing! (We like a dollop of cream cheese, caper berries, thinly sliced onion and some black sesame seeds.)
- Smoked salmon,
These are a few of my favorite things…
Better combinations are hard to find and there’s no denying that this is the absolute perfect recipe for a hot summer’s day. Lunch or dinner.
If smoked salmon wasn’t so expensive, I’d eat this every day!
Only 7 ingredients are needed to create this amazing recipe that, believe it or not, my sister used to serve me and my mother for breakfast (in bed, sometimes, too!).
She did it a little differently, though. Some sliced avocado, shredded cucumber, a clump of cream cheese and a heap of smoked salmon.
We took her super idea and reworked it into something a little more “fancy” and recipe-worthy. Thus, this easy no cook recipe was born.
Let’s dive into the details!
How To Make Cucumber Noodles:
So, the very first thing you need to do with this easy recipe is to make cucumber noodles. And it’s easy!
- 2 Large Cucumbers
- A Spiralizer (We’ve been using THIS spiralizer for almost 5 years now and it’s still going strong! If you want something a little more versatile, you can get its BIG BROTHER lol)
Now you twist your cucumber through your spiralizer and barely 5 minutes later you’ll have a large heap of beautifully crisp green noodles!
What I like to do after spiralizing the cucumbers into noodles, is to slice through the big heap 3 to 4 times. This is to ensure that you don’t end up with 20ft noodles (this has actually happened to us before…) making it near impossible to plate up!
While we’re on the topic of extra loooong cucumber noodles: Today is your lucky day, because I’m sharing this old photo -> of the Living Chirpy team circa 2015! Pre-marriage-and-babies Cody and Shay in our first apartment with my visiting sister, Rozelle. We’re showing off our amazing 20ft cucumber noodle!
The next step in making a deliciously healthy no cook meal is all about the sauce!
How To Make Avocado Sauce:
The best part about this yummy recipe is the sauce! And it couldn’t be easier!
Break out your trusty old blender! (We recommend THIS one) and have the following ingredients at hand:
- 2 Large Avocados
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
Throw it all in the food processor and blitz until it is creamy smooth! You’re going to have to control yourself with this step, because I tend to taste test just one or ten too many times.
Now, you’re basically done. Crazy right?
The only thing left to do is to toss your bowl of cucumber noodles in the avocado sauce until all the noodles are evenly coated in sauce. Aren’t raw dinner recipes the best??
Now that all the hard work is done (ha ha!), the fun part can begin! It’s time to dish up your noodles and pick your toppings!
Our favorite topping for cucumber noodles is Smoked Salmon and smoked salmon always goes down a treat.
- A dollop of cream cheese,
- A handful of caper berries or capers,
- A bit of thinly sliced onion, (we suggest using a mandolin to get yummy paper thin onion slices – we use THIS one),
- and a sprinkle of black sesame seeds!
The Difference Between Caper Berries and Capers?
For those of you that don’t know, here’s a quick little cooking FYI!
CAPER BERRIES are the fruit of a bush, while CAPERS are the unopened buds of the caper bush. Both are generally pickled and bring a nice salty, piquant flavor to your meals.
There’s nothing I love more than a beautiful and colorful plate of food, especially when it goes from fridge to dinner table in less than 20 minutes!
On a side note, don’t you just LOVE when the Avocado Gods smile down upon you and bless you with not one, but TWO, perfect avocados on a single day…
I don’t know what I did to deserve it, but I’ll take it!
Time to dig into this delicious raw and healthy no cook meal!
So, to end things off…if smoked salmon doesn’t float your boat, maybe some BBQ chicken will. Here’s a couple more healthy recipes using cucumber noodles.
Creamy Avocado Cucumber Noodles with Smoked Salmon
- 2 large cucumbers [spiralized]
- 2 large avocados
- 7oz/200g smoked salmon
- 2 tbsp lime juice [about 1/2 a lime]
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1/2 onion optional [thinly sliced]
- 1/2 cup caper berries optional
- 4 tbsp cream cheese optional
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds optional garnish
- Start by using a spiralizer to cut the cucumbers into noodles. Then salt the noodles evenly (use about 1 teaspoon of salt) and set aside.
- Now, add the avocado, olive oil, dijon mustard, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper into your food processor and blitz until completely smooth.
- Now, once my avocado sauce is finished, I like to take the cucumber noodles and squeeze some of the water out. This is not strictly necessary, but it does help the avocado sauce stick better to the cucumber noodles.
- Toss the cucumber noodles in the avocado sauce until all the noodles are evenly coated.
- Top the noodles with your choice of topping. In this case – smoked salmon, cream cheese, thinly sliced onion, caper berries and black sesame seeds.
This recipe was originally published in October, 2015 and updated in February, 2019.