This ridiculously easy one pan Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Cauliflower Rice recipe will become a new weeknight staple - guaranteed. 8 Ingredients. 25 Minutes. Low-Carb. Keto. Gluten-Free.
If you’ve ever wondered ”what can I make with cauliflower rice and broccoli?”, then look no further!
We are always looking for new ways to make dinner in a flash, especially recipes that don’t include the oven! Even though cooking is our job - we do not enjoy spending hours slaving away in the kitchen every single day.
This ONE PAN Cheesy Cauliflower Rice recipe is made with both cream cheese and cheddar cheese for that extra punch of creamy cheesiness.
Then, adding some broccoli and chicken makes it both filling and delicious. It’s always great when a yummy meal like this packs a ton of veggies!
How To Make Chicken Broccoli Cauliflower Rice:
This truly simple recipe you’ll want to make again and again needs just 8 fresh ingredients and a couple of spices:
- Chicken Breasts
- Diced Onion
- Cauliflower Rice (you can buy some premade, or make it yourself by putting cauliflower florets into a food processor. Some folk have also had success using frozen cauliflower rice.)
- Broccoli Florets
- Minced Garlic
- Chicken Broth
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Then some salt, pepper, paprika and ground coriander.
- Add the onion, chicken, garlic, spices, salt and pepper to a large skillet with a bit of cooking oil. (Photo 1)
- Sauté over a high heat until the chicken is almost cooked through (8-10 minutes). (Photo 2)
- Lower to a medium heat, then add the cauliflower rice, broccoli and chicken stock and cook for another 5-10 minutes until the broccoli is cooked to your liking. (Photo 3 & 4)
- Add the cream cheese to the mixture in the pan and stir until melted and combined. (Photo 5 & 6)
- Taste test and add more salt if needed. Let it simmer for a minute or two!
- Top with cheddar. (Photo 7)
- Slide until the broiler and wait until the cheese is melted, golden and bubbly. (Photo 8)
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately!
Is Cauliflower Rice Low Carb and Keto Friendly?
Yes, cauliflower is very low in carbs (5g per cup) and has plenty of nutritional benefits. It is one of the healthiest vegetables and therefore, great on the Keto diet and for weight-loss.
What Does Cauliflower Rice Taste Like?
Cauliflower has a bland, neutral taste and slight bitter tones.
Because of it’s bland flavor, it also tends to absorb other flavors of the dish it is cooked in.
Therefore, cauliflower rice does great as a “filler” ingredient - which makes it an excellent low carb and keto substitute for rice.
Does Cauliflower Rice Freeze Well?
Fresh cauliflower rice freezes very well and can last in your freezer for up to 6 months.
If you’re wondering whether you can freeze cauliflower fried rice, then it’s a different story. While you certainly can freeze it, you will definitely notice a degraded texture and flavor once thawed and reheated.
If you cooked this Cauliflower Rice Recipe - please leave a comment and a rating. We love hearing your feedback and it helps us improve our recipes!
If this recipe isn’t what you’re looking for, take a look at some other easy chicken recipes from our archives, or some of our personal favorites from other great bloggers:
- One Pan Keto Cabbage Chicken Teriyaki Skillet
- Paprika Chicken Skillet
- 9 Keto Casseroles with Chicken
- 9 Keto Recipes with Chicken Thighs
- Keto Bakes Crack Chicken Breasts from Diethood.com
- Slow Cooker Creamy Tuscan Chicken from SpicySouthernKitchen.com
Cheesy Cauliflower Rice with Broccoli and Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breast (500g) (cut into bite-sized cubes)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 cups cauliflower (blended/chopped into fine "rice")
- 3 cups broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- to taste salt and pepper
- Heat up a skillet and sauté the chicken, onion, garlic, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper in a little bit of oil, until the chicken is cooked. About 5-10 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, broccoli and chicken stock and allow to cook for another 5-10 minutes, until the broccoli is cooked to your desired tenderness.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until everything is melted and combined.
- Take a bite and see if you need any more salt!
- Now, top with the grated cheddar and slide under the broiler until the cheese is melted, golden and bubbly. (You can skip the broiler and allow the cheese to melt by putting a lid on the skillet for a couple of minutes if you desire).
- Garnish with some freshly chopped parsley, and serve!
Tips and Tricks:1. Don’t be scared to add more seasoning or cheese - this is a simple recipe that can easily be spruced up to your own taste.
This recipe was first published on December 12, 2018 and updated on January 27, 2020 to include detailed step-by-step instructions.