This is an easy one pan recipe for a Healthy Chicken Teriyaki dish. It needs simple ingredients and barely 30 minutes to throw together. Keto. Low-Carb. Gluten-Free. Paleo.
A healthy chicken teriyaki is quite easy to make. Most of the ingredients are clean, it's usually the sauce that's the problem with store-bought or restaurant dishes.
This recipe has a DIY simple and healthy teriyaki sauce with minimal ingredients. If you don't include soy sauce in your diet, feel free to substitute with coconut aminos for an equally delicious sauce.
- soy sauce
- Heat up a large pan to a medium/high heat and sauté the mushrooms and onions until the onions are translucent. (Photo 1)
- Add the rest of the veggies and sauté for about 5 minutes. (Photo 2)
- While the veggies are cooking, make the teriyaki sauce. Mix the soy sauce, water, mirin, honey, garlic and ginger. (Photo 3)
- Add the sauce and sauté for another 3-5 minutes - until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are done to your preference. (Photo 4)
It depends on your ingredients. If you're making a healthy chicken stir fry from scratch and using whole ingredients, then it can be very good for you! Home-cooked is best.
Once again, it depends on the ingredients. If you're buying store-bought sauce, make sure to read the label so you understand what's going into your body.
A great option is coconut rice (if you're not doing keto or low-carb). Sautéed greens also work well. You can ever serve this healthy chicken teriyaki on some noodles.
One Pot Keto Cabbage Chicken Teriyaki Skillet
- 2 chicken breasts [cubed] (cut into bite-sized cubes)
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups broccoli [cut into small florets] (small florets)
- 2 cup carrots (grated)
- 2 cups mushrooms (quartered)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ⅛ cup water
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- For the Teriyaki sauce: Mix the soy sauce, water, mirin, honey, garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- Heat up a large sauté pan to a medium/high heat and sauté together all the veggies and chicken for about 5 minutes.
- Add the Teriyaki sauce and sauté for another 3 - 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the vegetable are done to your preference.