This is an easy one pan recipe for a Healthy Chicken Teriyaki dish. It needs simple ingredients and barely 30 minutes to throw together. Keto. Low-Carb. Gluten-Free. Paleo.
A healthy chicken teriyaki is quite easy to make. Most of the ingredients are clean, it’s usually the sauce that’s the problem with store-bought or restaurant dishes.
This recipe has a DIY simple and healthy teriyaki sauce with minimal ingredients. If you don’t include soy sauce in your diet, feel free to substitute with coconut aminos for an equally delicious sauce.
How To Make This Healthy Chicken Teriyaki Bowl:
- soy sauce
- Heat up a large pan to a medium/high heat and sauté the mushrooms and onions until the onions are translucent. (Photo 1)
- Add the rest of the veggies and sauté for about 5 minutes. (Photo 2)
- While the veggies are cooking, make the teriyaki sauce. Mix the soy sauce, water, mirin, honey, garlic and ginger. (Photo 3)
- Add the sauce and sauté for another 3-5 minutes – until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are done to your preference. (Photo 4)
Is Chicken Teriyaki Healthy?
It depends on your ingredients. If you’re making a healthy chicken stir fry from scratch and using whole ingredients, then it can be very good for you! The problem with store-bought or restaurant teriyaki is usually the sauce, which usually contains all kinds of nasty ingredients. Home-cooked is best!
Is teriyaki sauce healthy? Once again, it depends on the ingredients. If you’re buying a store-bought sauce, make sure to read the label so you understand what’s going into you body.
What Goes Well With Chicken Teriyaki?
A great option is coconut rice (if you’re not doing keto or low-carb). Sautéed greens also work well. You can even serve this healthy chicken teriyaki on some noodles.
One Pan Keto Cabbage Chicken Teriyaki Skillet Recipe + Nutritional Information/Calories
One Pot Keto Cabbage Chicken Teriyaki Skillet
- 2 chicken breasts [cubed] (cut into bite-sized cubes)
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups broccoli [cut into small florets] (small florets)
- 2 cup carrots (grated)
- 2 cups mushrooms (quartered)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- For the Teriyaki sauce: Mix the soy sauce, water, mirin, honey, garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- Heat up a large sauté pan to a medium/high heat and sauté together all the veggies and chicken for about 5 minutes.
- Add the Teriyaki sauce and sauté for another 3 – 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the vegetable are done to your preference.
Looking For More:
Did You Make This Healthy Chicken Teriyaki Recipe?
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and a rating. We love hearing your feedback and it helps us improve our recipes!