This cheesy dish of deliciousness is a family favorite pasta bake that we've transformed into a plate licking low-carb meal. No lie, I am completely in love with this Cheesy Zucchini Bake with Corn and Ground Beef recipe. Who even needs pasta?!
It might not be the prettiest of meal, but is definitely packs a punch in the flavor department.
As is the norm in Chirpy-ville, this recipe is a simple and easy one and only needs 7 ingredients - PLUS it will only take you about 20 minutes of hands-on time. Can't complain about that!
I'm pretty sure this meal is going to be a staple in our house, because you can't beat recreating a childhood favorite that tastes just as yummy as you remember, but infinitely healthier.
Ground Beef is so versatile and a great ingredient to use when you're feeling lazy. It's not only a healthy ground beef recipe that uses very few ingredients, but it is also super easy.
And the best part about it is that is a yummy, comforting zoodle one pot meal/casserole that the whole family will love.
I may be wrong, but even though it seems that the "Zucchini Noodle Rage" is dying down a little, it still hasn't died down enough to NOT give this yummy meal a try.
There is always space for another twist to good old zucchini noodles.
Cheesy Zucchini Bake with Corn and Ground Beef - Pin it!
Cheesy Zucchini Casserole with Corn and Ground Beef
- 1 lb ground beef (500g)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 4 zucchini (spiralized - should be about 6 cups)
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels (optional, leave out if Keto/Low-Carb)
- 1 cup cheese (shredded, we used gouda)
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil (own preference)
- to taste salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Sauté the onion in the oil over a medium/high heat for about 5 minutes. Use a large-ish pot.
- Add the tomato and ground beef and sauté until the ground beef is cooked through and no longer pink. Season well with salt and pepper. Taste, taste, taste!
- Add the zucchini noodles, corn, half of the cheese and the cream cheese into the pot. Stir until well combined.
- Scrape everything into a casserole dish.
- Top with the rest of the cheese before popping it in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.