This is a recipe for healthy Pizza Soup – an easy, delicious and hearty one pot meal that is sure to please.
It needs 9 simple fresh ingredients and only 15 minutes in the Instant Pot.
This recipe is Low-Carb, Keto, Gluten-Free, or Paleo if you don’t add a sprinkle of mozzarella on top!
Take note that even thought pickles aren’t a traditional pizza topping, don’t skip the pickles in this recipe. Their acidic flavor profile really complements the other ingredients in the soup.
You will need:
- ground beef (We use ground beef, but you can also use Italian sausage.)
- canned tomato
- tomato paste
- black olives
- Set your Instant Pot to Sauté. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. (Photo 1)
- Add all other ingredients (except cheese and parsley). Seal the Instant Pot and set to Manual: High Pressure for 15 minutes. (Photo 2)
- When done, quick release pressure and serve. (Photo 3)
- Garnish with shredded mozzarella and fresh parsley. (Photo 4)
Pizza soup captures the flavor of pizza by using classic pizza toppings and herbs as ingredients. It’s a great recipe if you’re doing keto or low-carb.
Instant Pot Pizza Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 celery stalks (diced)
- ½ cup black olives (sliced)
- ¼ pickles (I chop 2-3 pickle spears)
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon salt (we use course salt)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- to taste shredded mozzarella cheese
- garnish fresh parsley
- Set your Instant Pot to Sauté.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add everything else to the pot (except the cheese and parsley).
- Seal the Instant Pot and set to Manual: High Pressure for 15 Minutes.
- Quick release pressure when done, and serve immediately.
- Garnish with shredded mozzarella and fresh parsley. (Optional)