This is a recipe for healthy Pizza Soup - an easy, delicious and hearty one pot meal that is sure to please.
It needs 9 simple fresh ingredients and only 15 minutes in the Instant Pot.
This recipe is Low-Carb, Keto, Gluten-Free, or Paleo if you don’t add a sprinkle of mozzarella on top!
Take note that even thought pickles aren't a traditional pizza topping, don't skip the pickles in this recipe. Their acidic flavor profile really complements the other ingredients in the soup.
You will need:
- ground beef (We use ground beef, but you can also use Italian sausage.)
- canned tomato
- tomato paste
- black olives
- Set your Instant Pot to Sauté. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. (Photo 1)
- Add all other ingredients (except cheese and parsley). Seal the Instant Pot and set to Manual: High Pressure for 15 minutes. (Photo 2)
- When done, quick release pressure and serve. (Photo 3)
- Garnish with shredded mozzarella and fresh parsley. (Photo 4)
Pizza soup captures the flavor of pizza by using classic pizza toppings and herbs as ingredients. It's a great recipe if you're doing keto or low-carb.
Instant Pot Pizza Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 celery stalks (diced)
- ½ cup black olives (sliced)
- ¼ pickles (I chop 2-3 pickle spears)
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon salt (we use course salt)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- to taste shredded mozzarella cheese
- garnish fresh parsley
- Set your Instant Pot to Sauté.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add everything else to the pot (except the cheese and parsley).
- Seal the Instant Pot and set to Manual: High Pressure for 15 Minutes.
- Quick release pressure when done, and serve immediately.
- Garnish with shredded mozzarella and fresh parsley. (Optional)
Jennifer R. Singleton says
We've been making this again and again since I found the recipe a few years ago. The ingredients sound funky, but in the end the taste is amazing and I love how easy it is 🙂 . Highly recommend giving it a try! I'm going to try it in the instant pot tonight.......we'll see how it goes 🙂
Hi Jennifer! Thank you for taking the time to comment and rate our recipe. I'm glad you like it! It is one of our personal favorites too. Hope it worked out okay in the instant pot 🙂
Do you have serving size and calories per serving?
Hi Debbie! Not for this one yet, but I'm currently working on adding nutrition labels to all my recipes.
What a lovely cheesy soup. Ummm... so delicious. Thanks for sharing it.
A little cheese makes everything better haha! Thanks for stopping by! 🙂