I think I’ve decided that Fall is my favorite time of the year. For this South African girl, American Fall temperatures are just about the same as South African winter temperatures (in the area that I’m from at least).
Seeing that winter is my favorite season back home, Fall will be my favorite season over here.
And take a wild guess what my favorite food for this time of the year is? It’s an easy one. Yep. Sooouuuup.
Kicking off “Soup Season 2016“ is this hearty Rustic Lobster Bisque.
It is definitely my favorite seafood soup and oh so comforting. Nothing quite as special as a creamy lobster soup.
This delicious rich and creamy bisque recipe is perfect for any leftover red lobster you might have and is a quick throw-together recipe that requires no blending.
Instead of using that precious extra time to blend, we just call it “rustic”. It’s a pretty good technique and so very gourmet!
It still has that classic lobster bisque taste, so don’t worry about that! It’s also a Keto and Low-Carb approved recipe so no guilty feelings whatsoever.
You can also easily transform this soup into a healthy Whole 30 Paleo Lobster Soup recipe by using coconut cream instead of whole cream.
A creamy tomato base filled with lots of little vegetables and yummy lobster chunks. All it needs is a bit of chopping and barely 30 minutes of simmering on the stove. No excuses for skipping out on this one. No sir!
Homemade Rustic Lobster Bisque. You know you want it. Resistance is futile.
If you need some more comforting Soup-spiration, check out these other great recipes:
- Pizza Soup
- Chicken Taco Soup
- Quick and Easy Chili
- Simple Vegetable Soup
- Tomato Bisque with Parmesan Crisps
Pin It – Keto Rustic Lobster Soup Recipe!
Homemade Easy Creamy Lobster Bisque Recipe and Nutritional Facts / Calories:
- 2 lobster tails (cooked and cut into large chunks)
- 2 carrots (peeled and diced into small pieces)
- 2 celery stalks (cut into small pieces)
- 1 onion (cut into small pieces)
- 2 tomatoes (cut into small pieces)
- 4 oz mushrooms (100g, cut into small pieces)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- to taste salt and pepper
- Sauté the veggies [carrot, celery, onion, tomato, mushroom] in the butter in a medium sized pot until it starts to soften and brown a little bit (Approximately 10 Minutes).
- Add all the rest of the ingredients, bring to a boil and then lower the temperature. Allow to simmer for 25-30 minutes. [Until the veggies are soft.]
- Remove the bay leaf at the very end and serve immediately.