A new local restaurant opened up close to our neighborhood and of course we just had to go try it out. Of the meals we ordered, only one stood out and that was gnocchi with braised beef. It was love at first bite and I immediately was like, “I need to somehow make a Chirpy version of this”.
- 2 cups • cauliflower [cover and microwave for 4 minutes]
- 1 • egg [beaten]
- 1/4 cup • grated white cheddar
- 4 • bacon strips
- 1/2 cup • heavy cream
- to taste • salt and black pepper
- Put the microwaved cauliflower into a food processor and pulse, very slowly adding little by little of the egg. Add some salt and pepper. Blend until completely smooth using as little of the egg as possible to make it happen.
- Form into gnocchi shapes, don't worry if the cauliflower is a little loose or sticky. As long as it mostly keeps a shape.
- In a pan over a medium high heat, sauté the bacon until crisp. Add the cream and cheese and stir until melted. Add lots of black pepper and salt to taste.
- In a new pan over a medium low heat, melt a knob of butter and add the "gnocchi", cook approximately two minutes before flipping them over carefully and cooking another two minutes. They should be golden brown.
- Finally, once the gnocchi is cooked, tip them into the pan with the bacon cream sauce and toss.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.