The last two weeks have been a little crazy…not only did we have to pack up the contents of our tiny house into 6 large duffel bags, we also made a trip across the Atlantic with a 6 week old baby! There were a few
setbacks, of course, like passports not showing up in time and being charged a small fortune to change travel dates. It all worked out in the end (and thank goodness we have an extremely laid-back baby that slept most of the 14 hour stretch from New York City to Johannesburg. Phew ????).
Now that we’re pretty much settled in and unpacked, it’s time to get back to business. Cody’s starting a little photography business and I’m going to put all my time into this blog, in between taking care of Bo of course.
We’ve also decided that by being back in South Africa for an extended amount of time, it’s a perfect opportunity to reset our food choices a little bit and be even more healthy! First up on the menu is Sun-dried Tomato Basil Chicken Zucchini – another super quick and easy recipe that’s packed with flavor! My mom (our new unofficial taste tester and not a fan of vegetables in general – yikes!) might disagree, but don’t take her word for it!
If you love zucchini and you love chicken, you’ll love this recipe without a doubt!
- 2 • chicken breasts [cut into small bite-sized pieces]
- 2 • large zucchini [cut into rounds]
- 1 • brown onion [diced]
- 2 • garlic cloves [minced]
- 2 tbsp • sun-dried tomato paste
- 1/2 cup • heavy cream
- 1/2 cup • chopped fresh basil
- to taste • feta cheese
- to taste • salt and pepper
- for cooking • butter
- Sauté the onions over a medium heat in the butter until soft.
- Turn the heat up, add the chicken and sauté about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the zucchini and cook until they reach your desired level of tenderness and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Add the cream, garlic and sun-dried tomato paste and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the fresh basil, leaving a little bit for garnish.
- Garnish with the remaining fresh basil and some crumbed feta cheese.