This is a quick and easy recipe for an Instant Pot Ground Beef Vegetable Soup. It needs only 7 fresh ingredients, 7 basic pantry ingredients and 12 minutes in the Instant Pot! Gluten-Free. Paleo. Whole30.
How do you make vegetable soup from scratch? Even though most grocery stores sell ready-made soup in cans or containers, making your own ground beef vegetable soup at home really is the best option for a variety of reasons.
You can use the cleanest ingredients which are best for your health. For the same price of one small store-bought soup, you can double or even triple the portion. You can freeze any leftovers to pop out of the freezer on a busy day.
Using an Instant Pot or pressure cooker makes the cooking process so much easier. You can have your ground beef stew ready in no time without having to slave away over the stove!
This easy hamburger soup only needs 7 fresh ingredients and 7 pantry ingredients (including spices).
- ground beef
- baby potatoes or sweet potato
- green beans
- minced garlic
- beef stock
- canned tomatoes
- dried oregano
- dried thyme
- chili powder
- dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Using the sauté setting, add the ground beef and onion and sauté until browned. (Photo 1)
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the stock) and mix until combined evenly. (Photo 2)
- Add the broth and stir. (Photo 3)
- Seal the instant pot and use the manual setting - High Pressure and 12 Minutes on the timer. (Photo 4)
- Use quick or natural release. (Photo 5)
- Serve and enjoy! (Photo 6)
You can't go wrong with: potatoes, carrots, green beans, tomatoes, onions, celery, mushrooms and peas. These are some of the most basic soup vegetables that a lot of recipes are based on.
Some basic options:
• herbs and spices
• lemon juice or vinegar
Instant Pot Ground Beef Hamburger Soup
- 1lb ground beef [500g]
- 2 large onions (diced)
- 2 large carrots (sliced)
- 2 cups baby potatoes (halved, cubed if using sweet potato)
- 2 cups green beans (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups beef broth/stock
- 2 canned tomato
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Set the Instant Pot to the Sauté setting and sauté the ground beef and onion until the ground beef in browned.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients to the pot and stir.
- Seal the instant pot and use the manual setting - High Pressure and 12 Minutes on the timer.
- Use quick or natural release.
- Serve and enjoy!