One of my sister's favorite meals to order at restaurants is Chicken Al Forno. A flavorful chicken breast topped with mashed avocado, feta and draped in melted gouda. Not only does it taste amazing, but it's a perfect LCHF meal (Low Carb High Fat for those of you that weren't sure). As always, we love recreating recipes at Chirpy and I've been anxiously waiting to share this scrumptious one.
So let's start with the name. Although Al Forno is defined as "food that has been baked in an oven", you know at Chirpy we try to make things as quick and easy as possible. So, that's why our version of the recipe is called, you guessed it, Quick Chicken Al Forno.
So why is it "quick" you ask?
Well, with only 4 ingredients and a couple of spices, of course it's going to be quick. The big cheat comes in at the "cook in an oven" part though. Instead of cooking the chicken in the oven, we pan-seared it. Hell yes! It only took four minutes! Wait, then it can't be called "Al Forno"! Yes it can, and you'll see why in the next paragraph.
We topped the juicy chicken breast with some roughly mashed avocado, crumbled feta cheese and then draped 2 slices of gouda cheese over the whole thing. It was then slid under the broiler for exactly 2 minutes. An oven was still used and thus it can still be called Chicken Al Forno. Sneaky sneaky. Haha.
We served this yummy recipe with some simple cucumber noodles (seasoned with salt and pepper) and licked our plates afterwards. I hope that this recipe also brings you some plate-licking happiness when you try it out!
PS. Did I mention that this recipe is in celebration of my sister coming to visit Cody and me for a few weeks? Yay!
Quick Chicken Al Forno
- 4 chicken breast (About 1lb)
- 1 avocado (Roughly mashed and seasoned with salt and pepper.)
- ½ cup feta cheese (Crumbled)
- 3oz gouda (80g)(4 slices)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- to taste salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper, coriander and paprika.
- Sear the chicken in a pan with a little bit of oil, over a medium high heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to an oven safe dish and top with the mashed avocado and feta cheese.
- Add the gouda slices on top and slide into the oven for 10-15 minutes. Until the gouda is melted and golden.
Quick Chicken Al Forno - Pin It!
This was really yummy! Thanks!