We first got introduced to this recipe back in January, a couple of weeks after our baby was born. Cody’s aunt gave us two frozen bags to keep as easy meals when our hands were a little too full taking care of our newborn.
It was just a few days after she gave it to us, that we thawed one out and had it for dinner. Oh boy! Did we fall hard or did we fall hard? It was definitely love at first bite.
We texted her a big THANK YOU as soon as we were done licking out our bowls.
The next time we saw them, we thanked her again and she gave us the recipe – telling us how quick and easy it was to make. We were sold right away. I mean, quick and easy is our thing lol.
We couldn’t wait to cook this ourselves – it was definitely one of our favorite new meals.
So, a couple of weeks ago, after cooking this for my grandparents, we decided that we should spread the love.
My grandparents were the deciding factor, by the way. My grandpa ate two bowls and told us that he hates vegetables, but that this recipe tasted wonderful.
We aren’t sure whether this came from a cookbook, if it’s her own recipe, or if she got it from a friend, but a recipe like this needs to reach more people.
So, a few minor tweaks later, we are ready to share our very own Butternut and Kale Chili with Ground Pork.
It’s a bit of a mouthful, and don’t be fooled by the ingredients. This recipe tastes like a million bucks. Even if you hate vegetables, like my grandpa, chances are you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
How to make Easy Pork Chili with Butternut and Kale:
The best thing about this recipe is how easy it is.
- Toss the ground pork, onion, garlic, spices and seasonings into a pot and sauté it until the pork is cooked through.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients (except the butter beans), and let it simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the beans and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Voilà. You’re all set.
Soup is without a doubt one of my very favorite things on the planet.
I love dipping buttered pieces of bread in a steaming bowl of soup, and even though bread is obviously not healthy, I do treat myself to a slice when soup’s on the menu.
(Although, I love it just as much without the bread and try my best not to eat it too often ????.)
Here at Living Chirpy, we’ve created a fair bunch of awesomely delicious and easy soup recipes for you to try, and I’ve added links to my favorites down below:
Butternut and Kale Chili with Ground Pork – Pin It!
Pork Chili with Butternut and Pork Recipe and Nutritional Facts/Calories
Pork Chili with Butternut and Kale
- Heat the oil in a medium sized pot.
- Add the onions, ground pork, garlic, oregano, chili, salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients (except the butterbeans) and bring to a boil. Then, lower the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the butterbeans and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!