So, as promised...here's the quick and easy Spicy Pork Tacos that goes hand in hand with our bomb.com Cilantro Apple Slaw. These yummy tacos were inspired by Slow-Cooked Pulled Pork Tacos from a local Mexican Restaurant.
Of course, even though slow cooked pulled pork is the absolute bomb, it's definitely not a thing you can decide to throw together last minute when a craving sets in - #slowcookedproblems. Our Spicy Pork Tacos might not be slow cooked, but they definitely still pack a punch in the flavor department.
I've don't think I've said this before, but ground pork is my new favorite thing. I had it for the very first time, when Cody's aunt Marne introduced us to Butternut and Kale Chili with Ground Pork. Suddenly I'm thinking of all kinds of new things to make, or refreshing old recipes with ground pork. It's an obsession.
I took inspiration from an old Carnitas recipe to give these tacos awesome flavor, while cutting down on the cooking time in a BIG way. Fresh orange juice really brings some light and bright notes to and awesome subtle flavor.
While we use this recipe as healthy lettuce wraps, trust me, it is heavenly eaten with regular flour tortillas also. Ugh, I think it's time to have this for dinner again asap - like maybe tonight actually. Writing about it has definitely ignited a strong craving.
Check out our Cilantro Apple Slaw to perfectly complement this recipe.
Also, we've got a bunch of other healthy tacos for you to consider:
- 11 Best Low-Carb Taco Recipes
- Low-Carb Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Low-Carb Mini Cheese Tacos
- Blackened Mahi Lettuce Tacos with Cajun Remoulade
- Low-Carb Fish Tacos with Jalapeno-Lime Slaw
- Low-Carb Pulled Pork Tacos
Pork For Tacos Recipe
- 1 lb ground pork (500g)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 fresh jalapeño (seeded and finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 orange (juice and zest)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoon ground mexican chili
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- to taste salt and pepper
- Sauté the onion in a little bit of oil until soft.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and sauté until the ground pork is cooked (no longer pink and translucent).
Very yummy and quick to make!