An amazingly yummy dinner that takes exactly 8 minutes to cook! Our Pan Seared Pork with Mushroom & Pea Marsala Sauce will become your favorite pork dish after just one bite!
When Cody and I plan our menu for the week, our first question is usually: “How long will that take to cook?”. It’s really important for us to not spend an hour in the kitchen everyday. We love making quick, mouth-watering meals in minutes. As much as we can. This recipe is the epitome of that. It takes 8 minutes.
While your pork sears up beautifully, your sauce simmers in another pan.
You should be proud of your dinner every night. Feel good about the food you put into your body! You are, after all, putting it in your body. And your body deserves the good stuff.
Fun fact: While cleaning up after cooking this yummy meal, I sliced my finger with a spoon. Yep. You read that right. A spoon. Given, it was a cheap metal spoon. But still. I guess I’m now the kind of person that gets sliced by spoons. Lucky me!
We served our pork with a quick little chopped salad, but it also goes great with our Easy Garlic Green Beans.
Pan Seared Pork with Mushroom & Pea Marsala Sauce
– Pin it!
Pan Seared Pork with Mushroom & Pea Marsala SaucePrint Pin Rate
- 2 • pork pieces [We used Pork Loin Rib Side Chops that were about an inch thick]
- 1 tbsp • lard
- 1 tsp • coriander
- 1/2 tsp • cumin
- 1/4 • thyme
- 1/2 cup • peas
- 1 cup • sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 • onion [diced]
- 1/2 cup • marsala cooking wine
- 1/2 cup • heavy cream
- to taste • salt/pepper
- Mix the coriander, cumin, thyme, salt and pepper and use as dry rub for the pork.
- Get a pan hot and cook the the pork for 4 minutes on each side.
- While the pork cooks. Take another pan and cook the onions and mushrooms for a couple of minutes. Then splash the marsala wine in there and let it reduce.
- When you flip the the pork after the first 4 minutes, add the cream to the sauce pan and let it warm up. As soon as it bubbles, throw the peas in there and simmer until the pork is done.
- Slide it onto a plate and top with the drool worthy sauce!