Chicken Tenders, what can I say? Working in professional kitchen has really messed me up when it comes to these delicious little things. Every restaurant you go to in the USA will most likely offer some kind of chicken tenders, even if it's just on the kids menu. So, when you're working a busy shift and have no time for a proper meal break, there's nothing quicker and easier (and delicious) than frying up some chicken tenders for a quick snack or meal.
At the last restaurant I worked in, I went through a (very unhealthy) phase of eating chicken tenders for lunch every single day. I'd dip them in Mango Remoulade and it was pretty much an infinite loop of "Oops, I still have remoulade left, better grab another chicken tender" or "Oops I still have some chicken left, better get some more remoulade".
As with every other unhealthy thing I've ever put in my mouth, I decided immediately that I had to take these fried goodies and turn it into something healthier - and what could possibly be better than what I have right here. Baked Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Tenders with a perfectly delicious Sweet Chili Mayo? Not much at all.
It only takes a couple of minutes to prepare and another few minutes in the oven, then you're left with an awesomely easy and healthy (and don't forget - fancy!) version of a typically unhealthy kids meal.
Nobody will frown upon you for eating these babies. On the contrary, they'll probably think it's a very fancy and clever idea. (You're welcome.)
Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken
- 2 lb chicken breasts (1kg - sliced lengthwize into strips ala chicken tenders)
- ½ lb prosciutto (200g) (Ask butcher to slice it paper thin)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- to taste salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
- Season the chicken strips generously with salt and pepper and carefully wrap with prosciutto.
- Arrange them on a lined baking sheet, bake for 18-20 minutes and then broil for 1-2 minutes on each side to crisp up the prosciutto.
- While the chicken bakes, mix the mayonnaise, paprika, honey, red pepper flakes and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish the chicken with some parsley and serve immediately.
Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Tenders with Sweet Chili Mayo - Pin it!