Chicken Tenders, what can I say? Working in professional kitchen has really messed me up when it comes to these delicious little things. Every restaurant you go to in the USA will most likely offer some kind of chicken tenders, even if it’s just on the kids menu. So, when you’re working a busy shift and have no time for a proper meal break, there’s nothing quicker and easier (and delicious) than frying up some chicken tenders for a quick snack or meal.
At the last restaurant I worked in, I went through a (very unhealthy) phase of eating chicken tenders for lunch every single day. I’d dip them in Mango Remoulade and it was pretty much an infinite loop of “Oops, I still have remoulade left, better grab another chicken tender” or “Oops I still have some chicken left, better get some more remoulade”.
As with every other unhealthy thing I’ve ever put in my mouth, I decided immediately that I had to take these fried goodies and turn it into something healthier – and what could possibly be better than what I have right here. Baked Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Tenders with a perfectly delicious Sweet Chili Mayo? Not much at all.
It only takes a couple of minutes to prepare and another few minutes in the oven, then you’re left with an awesomely easy and healthy (and don’t forget – fancy!) version of a typically unhealthy kids meal.
Nobody will frown upon you for eating these babies. On the contrary, they’ll probably think it’s a very fancy and clever idea. (You’re welcome.)
Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Tenders with Sweet Chili MayoPrint Pin Rate
- 1 lb/500g • chicken breast sliced into strips
- 1/4 lb/100g • prosciutto ask butcher to slice it paper thin
- 1/2 cup • mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp • paprika
- 1 tbsp • honey
- 1/2 tsp • red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp • chili powder
- to taste • salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
- Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper and wrap with prosciutto.
- Arrange them on a lined baking sheet, bake for 18-20 minutes and then broil for 1-2 minutes on each side to crisp up the prosciutto.
- While the chicken bakes, mix the mayonnaise, paprika, honey, red pepper flakes and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish the chicken with some parsley and serve immediately.